Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Christmas Update


Don't tell anyone, but my LYS (here's the link) is having a sale. Yes, a sale. Should I buy yarn? Do I have enough to drive my DH absolutely nuts? Do I spin more every chance I get? Did I buy some anyway?

Yep.

Here is a picture of what I bought.

Now, I have always wanted these Mission Falls patterns and I do know that the yarn has been discontinued. But that cardigan on the front is perfect for small amounts of handspun, if you like lots of color. I mean, I don't have to repeat colors, right? As long as I like them all...

There were two balls of Fixation. Okay, just variegated blue, but DD would like socks in those colors or DD and a friend, who knows. Gotta get it, it's 50% off. When does that happen?

And then, on the third time around the sale bins, I found it. A skein of Anne. In cream and gray and beige. Not exciting colors, but colors I wear a lot. A scarf? Socks? Wimple? Don't know but I'm sure someday something perfect will occur to me. It's Anne. So soft. So 50% off...

Merry Christmas to me!

Now if I could only get motivated about my post-Christmas gift knitting and stop thinking of other things to do...

Next post, photos of my current spinning projects!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Wendy,
I am a great fan of Monty Python too,
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!
Whoa Patsy!
Deb

2:47 PM  
Blogger superstahr said...

I went to the same sale but I guess I didn't look closely enough cuz I didn't see any Anne on sale! LOL! Great find and totally worth breaking any and all yarn diets *smile*

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf