Sunday, December 18, 2005

All right, all right, back to fiber content

Still disgusted, but waiting for the people who can to do something.

Anyway, today we are leaving on our Christmas vacation to both sets of grandparents, yay! I say yay because it means the end of the running around trying to finish everything and get everything wrapped and mailed and baked and washed and seen and videotaped and sung and cleaned a week before Der Tag. It's hard! And I'm not finished, but now the deadline looms, so I will only get so much more done. Gotta pack the suitcases!

I wove in the ends on the nephews' hats last night, finally. And tried to block the edges of the ear flap hat, but it's cute even if the edges roll a bit, so no big deal. DD's teacher didn't open her hat before the end of school on Friday so I don't know what her reaction was. Maybe that's a good thing... I did finish the hat to go to Ethiopia at 7:30 Friday night (it had to be delivered by 8:00) and although it was on gauge, as far as I can tell, it was rather large. Hopefully someone who likes pink also has a lot of hair! I had to give up (temporarily) on doing the modular triangle crown, though. I kept having to take it out. I need more practice so that I can read it better. Every time I put the thing down, I couldn't tell where I was or which stitches were "left unknitted." Wish I could afford the Iris Schreier class at my LYS, but no dice there.

Now off to vacation and crazy baby knitting. I'm bored with this project, but if I can work hard during all the driving time (lots) while we're away, I can get a significant amount of it finished. If I can get all the pieces knit up, I can relax and do the hat and socks when I get home and then at least I have one lovely baby gift and more to come later when the baby's a bit bigger. (Due in March)

I may not post until after the first of the year so I wish anyone who arrives here the Happiest of Holidays, Merriest Christmas, Most Joyous New Year and our wonderful country a time of Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf