Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Seriously, knitting is happening!

But only in between political events and such.

Attended the Every Woman For Obama rally in L.A. on Sunday with a great group of friends: group with signs Here is everyone but me with our signs. I was holding "I'm Voting for That One" most of the time, kindly decorated by DD.

And here we are with (woefully) cardboard Obama: group with obama

He was great and stayed as long as we wanted!

Non-cardboard celebrities: Patti Labelle, Rosanna Arquette and Heart was there and even sang "Barracuda!"

It was great fun and we got all the free stuff!

Earlier last week DH and I went to the debate in Glendale followed by Stephanie Miller and Dennis Prager (local radio personalities) for a live-action debate. They wouldn't let us yell at the real people, although we did yell at the TV people A LOT. But not yelling at Prager was extremely difficult for me. When he said "Compassion will destroy America" referencing Prop. 8, I just about lost my mind. WTF?!?!??!

Thrilled today that CBS has Obama up by 14 points, but we cannot get complacent.

I reiterate my mantra today and all days until November 4:

THEY HAVE CHEATED. THEY DO CHEAT. THEY WILL CHEAT AGAIN.

Do what you can, give what you can, go there, do that, get the t-shirt. Take back America!!

2 Comments:

Blogger jessie said...

Wow, you are fired up! VT is pretty much sewn up for Obama so all I can do now is sit and wait for the rest of the country.

Cross your fingers.

4:47 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I hope you don't mind if I throw a plea in here for everyone to please vote NO on 8! I just put up a blog post about it, after seriously neglecting my blog for ages.

Keep fighting the good fight, all the way to the end!!!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf