Saturday, September 30, 2006

A day of ups and downs

Well, we finally went to the fair. And it was quite a day. Fiber content after story. There are pictures down there, too, if you make it that far.

First we took our new (to us) car, which is very comfortable and lovely. But it ran out of gas on the freeway. Discovered I did not, in fact, have roadside assistance attached to my newish cell phones. But the guy who drives around on the freeways to help people in this situation found us and got us to a gas station. Crisis averted by him (thank you!) and a McDonalds in the gas station (no hungry kids in back seat).

We arrived and bought our unlimited ride wristbands. There are no lines for anything. DH announces "I'm never coming on a Friday again." Ribs, giant turkey lets, cheeseburgers, onion rings are consumed. Toys are purchased, baby animals are petted, photos are taken. A lovely day.

At 9:30 or so we finally arrived back at the gate to get our annual snowglobe with our picture in it and go home. Kids picked out final toys to take home. I walked off to the ATM machine and when I returned, DS HAD DISAPPEARED. [Insert screaming, running about, crying DD, police officers and the worst 7 minutes of my ENTIRE LIFE.]

Thank god, someone brought him back. I'm still in recovery. You know when you've had those terrible panic chemicals in your body? And you feel like you've had the flu? That's me. I hope I'll be better today, but I'm still having flashbacks at the moment.

On to the fun fiber content!

Spinning challenges have stalled a bit, in that I have gotten distracted by my fiber collection. But today is the last day before the contest, so I will focus.

First, the first Crown Mountain Farms superwash skein, in Hang on Sloopy:



Had to get that off the bobbin, right? Next fun with plying.


I spun some singles of BFL that was part of a dyeing experiment for "Pilgrim" but wasn't the combination that I chose. Then I plied it with some old orphaned singles out of my spinning basket. It's odd and goes red for a bit every once in a while, but it will make it into some crazy socks someday, I'm sure.


Blogger is not letting me post any more photos right now. I'll continue this later.

I expect I will soon do more fun with plying as I have only had one empty bobbin for a while now and should really get finished one way or another with the other bobbins (or buy some more...hmmm...)

Have a lovely!

4 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

I just had a flashback to when the Neatnik tried to disappear on us at Disney...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Oh.my.gosh.

I'm still not really over it.

I shudder at the very thought.

However, I did manage to run a Brownie meeting this afternoon and don't feel quite so disengaged as I have the last couple of days.

Thanks for the support!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

Hot glue. From now on we hot glue the children to our hips.

The panic you must have felt... the mind boggles.

That orangy deliciousness looks sooooo good. Maybe you can knit cupcakes or ice pops out of it... it looks that mouthwatering!
xo,
Joy

11:12 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Georgia, I had to delete your comment JIC. Hope you understand! But I really appreciate your support!! I thought about having another place, but so far have not decided.

Thank you to all who have commented and emailed sympathy for the panicky lost child moment. I appreciate more than you know that I am not alone.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf