Thursday, November 02, 2006

I can hardly stand it!

5 days. 5 days. 5 days more. Accountability. Oversight. Hearings. Speaker Pelosi. 5 days.

Nobody can talk to me on Tuesday. I'm watching TV.

Please, if you are a thinking, breathing American, vote Democratic. We need to preserve the Constitution and make sure that our country turns around. We need to protect and defend our country, our troops, our way of life. We need to get our children home. We need to provide health care for the wounded and the families of the dead. We need to stop killing children in Iraq, ours and theirs.

5 days.

In fiber content, I have been knitting the FIL sweater. But I have also been cheating. I cast on some felted Harlequin slippers. I cast on a mitred sock. I cannot post photos as then everyone would SEE that I have been cheating. So instead I present Halloween 2006:



The Human Torch and the Princess of the Night

The pumpkin disembowelment:












I spun some more singles of the blue and autumn colorways to try a mitered square sock. I will post a photo of the first module when it's done, but really I'm not supposed to be doing it at all! Don't encourage me!

Have a lovely!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so hope the dems win. But, ya never know when Diebold is on the case. I'm voting with my fingers and toes crossed.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

I was keeping my eyes crossed too, but then I thought, maybe THAT is what those Repubs do... there has to be a reason for their bumbling...

xo,
Joy

12:24 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I'm making calls for MoveOn.org today and Tuesday, just so if it all goes wrong, I don't have to say "I wish I had done more."

But the voting machine thing is a terrible situation.

Pray that we all get out there, vote, keep an eye on the voting, and make a big stink if the number do not match the logic.

Demand a paper ballot!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf