Monday, May 12, 2008

And it was so.

I did in fact have a lovely Mother's Day, thank you very much!

I received beautiful handmade gifts: md dd and md ds

I was also the lucky recipient of a basket of luxurious Clarins products with a 90 minute facial gift certificate! md basket

Thanks, family! I love you, too!!

DH sent me to buy something fun for myself so I received an order of Lendrum bobbins and BFL from Paradise Fibers today. The wool is absolutely PERFECT for October Frost. Now to spin up some samples. I haven't tried real 3-ply yet and that's why I needed more bobbins (no snarky comments about finishing up things on any of my other 9, please!). Whatever's left will become sock yarn and some socks from A Fine Fleece, which I can hardly stand not to be knitting from already.

Thanks to my mom, I ordered some Rainbow Kauni as well and will be happily knitting little squares all summer. Thanks, mom!!

I did stay in my PJ's all day, I did not cook dinner, I watched 3 movies on AMC ("I Remember Mama," "Twister" and "Judgment at Nuremburg") and spent the evening knitting these SM 2 round 6 1 (which are now up to the lace cuff where I will pause and do sock 2) and watching the "Survivor" finale. I still cannot believe Parvati beat Amanda, I was sure it would go the other way with all that venom. But since Season 1, there has been admiration for ruthless game play. It was a great season!

Today it's back to business, but not as bad as has been recently the case. This afternoon we go to a friend's house to prepare for our last big project of the Third Grade year, a demonstration presentation. We are making Rainbow Fish ahead of time (and one during the demo). It feels like a quiet week, how is that? I have a field trip and volunteers tea tomorrow, babysitting and t-ball Wednesday, but I guess that's it. And we had our last regular Girl Scout meeting this weekend without me realizing it was the last. Whew! Let's see if I can get through the tea without a confrontation with CBM (Crazy Bully Mommy). I certainly won't seek her out!

Hope you had a lovely weekend and have a relaxing and fulfilling week ahead.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

I love your orange and yellow socks! They are so citrusy (new sock adoration word) and springy. Hope you were successful at avoiding the bully. Your mother's day gifts are lovely.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf