Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Recovered just in time

The Madness starts again on Thursday evening. I'm all ready to go with my supplies and my plans. The socks are made with 2 strands of laceweight yarn: round 3 kit

This is the little kit I put together. It also includes a crochet chain in case of a provisional cast on, as you never know and I hate having to rummage around for a crochet hook when I'm in a hurry. Which I will be.

Just hoping they put out the pattern before I have to leave for rehearsal at 7:00 so I'm not too tormented while I'm singing Bach and Haydn!

In the meantime, I've been swatching some more: bettna swatch 5 but I cannot get a true picture of the colors in the swatch. The reds are off and the little bits of blue and light purple are not right at all. Oh, well, it's lovely in real life (IMO). All six yarns are now done, since I decided #7 was just too red. I guess it's off to the races, though, yay! Now where is the pattern?

I actually sat down at the spinning wheel for some illegal and evil sock yarn time yesterday. In reality, I paid into the karmic bank for this so never mind. BFL from Crown Mountain Farms: dervish singles 1 This will be Navajo plied to keep the yellow and purple mostly separate and stripey. I'm spinning from the fold and taking two sections at a time from the space dyed top. I really love spinning from the fold, it flows very easily with BFL fiber.

In other non fibery news (is there any?), DD got a perfect grade on her presentation about Amelia Earhart but I didn't get a picture in her full regalia yet. Go, DD!!!

And DS is about to have his first t-ball game on Saturday. He also started riding his bike on his own this week and the video will come, I promise. It's in there! Go, DS!!! Now when gas goes over $4, we can ride to school together!!

DH is working hard on the script for our western and it's going great. Very gory! I'm so glad he's focusing on something creative!

Might not post again before Round 3 is over, too crazy making. If you're in it, you know what I mean. Bad enough I have to keep reading what's going on over at Ravelry.

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

Good luck in Round 3!!!!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

I love the blue and yellow together in round 3. Yeah Wendy! Knit on, Whoo hoo! (I'm trying to cheer you on, but I've never been an official cheerleader before).

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf