Sunday, February 26, 2006

I did it! I did it!

Scarf is finished, blocked (77 inches long, thank you) and presented to the DH, who has been very cold at the theater and will wear it proudly on Tuesday, woo-hoo!!

Pictures later!

What a relief!

Update:



Here it is and DH really likes it, yay! He didn't realize it was for him at all!!

So I guess I get my medal, very exciting. Now I can finish the Cul de Sac and find another baby sweater pattern to try and do some dyeing now that the new dyes are here and have some fun!!

I find that I discovered today that I have been really depressed for quite a while but not realizing it. Like, I have so much to do that I can't succomb to it so I do everything, but I haven't been able to think about the future or plan for anything or enjoy anything, not even the knitting these last two weeks.

However, I have also realized why. I kept thinking, "the end is in sight," and then the end event would arrive and...no end. Just a hundred more things.

So as of today, everything that has come before is in one group. Today starts a new group of events and responsibilities (and hopefully fun) that ends on March 24 (opening night of DH's play). I can be happy about being busy that long, right? And then there's a nice quiet week with no freaking out. And then there's SPRING BREAK. Where we will only get out of our pajamas if we have something REALLY FUN to do, not just becuase we have to. That is my plan. Anyone else ever feel like this? I feel reborn. Let's hope it lasts till tomorrow, then I'm free and clear. But today I am happy that we did NOT go ice skating and I get to see the BABY again!!!

Happy knitting, spinning, crafting, everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bess said...

Wee ha! Congratulations. It's very pretty.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Liza's Pages said...

Just lovely! Congratulations on your Olympic Knitting Medal.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf