Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Little Excitement!

If you're wondering why I haven't posted for a few days, we've had a little excitement over here...

DH and M's film, having been nominated for an award at the San Fernando Valley International Film Festival...

WON!!! For Best Foreign Language Film!!!!



We are so thrilled and hopeful that this will be the beginning of a great success with our film production company.

Did you see it?



The Gala Awards Ceremony was wonderful, too. Good food, funny presenters, lovely tablemates. M's parents were also able to travel from Washington, D.C. to attend with us (pictures later). M's mother, an Italian fashion designer, not only brought me a BEAUTIFUL outfit to wear, but is commissioning some handknit hats from my handspun yarns for a RUNWAY SHOW in the fall!!

Anyway, when they announced our film, I shrieked like a banshee! I will post a link to the You Tube video when I have it, if you want to see, but we are all smiles, still.

Obligatory knitting content: I finished my Madtini socks, after having been eliminated after about 24 hours.



This pattern was perfect for the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport that had been marinating in the stash for about 6 years, I would say. Sometimes you just can't knit that birthday present yarn! And everyone says it pools something awful, which doesn't generally bother me. But this pattern breaks up the colors nicely and does well at 7 spi.

Thanks, Sock Madness organizers, for the fun! I plan to continue on at a slower pace but just knowing that I can knit a 56 stitch pair in three days makes me feel better about gift sock knitting. DD's teacher's yarn should arrive tomorrow or Friday...

Hope you are having as nice a week as we are!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Wow, congrats on the film win!
Your socks are right purty too :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray for your DH and the Garage Dweller from Italy! That is just too fantastic!

the sox are very pretty!

I have GOT to play that movie when I get home... It's on my coffee table for goodness sake!

Hooray! Please pass my congrat on to the gentlemen in question!
xo!

9:58 PM  
Blogger SheepsPyjamas said...

One, Two, Three Cheers! Wow!

4:57 AM  
Blogger chipper said...

Big BIG COngrats!!!

A win, a commission, and some great socks! You are a busy fam!!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

BIG congratulations!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Congratulations! I must admit that other than on your blog I've not heard of the movie. I don't get out much though and the nearest city of considerable size would be Portland. I don't think that any of the mall cinema chains would carry it. Is there a website, etc. about your film? Your socks are beautiful. Enjoy your weekend!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf