Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Rogue Update

The knitting is finished!! The sleeve caps took more than an entire ball of yarn. I'm sure glad I ordered two.

Swatching for my bulky Girl Scout green cardigan in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky. Looks like 10's will get me 3 spi, which is what I want. I'm going to do a Barbara Walker top down v-neck cardigan and hope for the best. I'll knit the sleeves as long as I want and then see how long the yarn holds out for the body. Seed stitch borders. Wish me luck!

No news on when Sock Madness will start up again. But my division is closed and I am eager to get back in the swing. Problem today is I need some mindless knitting for this evening's Junior training class. Ancient felted bag? Probably S2K socks, instead.

Have a lovely day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I knit sleeves at the same time - one next to the other on the same needles. Is that what you do, too? Good luck indeed for the Girls Scout Cardi, but I don't think you'll need it. It sounds like you've got a very reasonable, workable plan for it.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I did knit them at the same time on the same needles and only made a couple of mistakes as I went along. First time I didn't get to sleeve island, either, they really moved!

My second green swatch is dry at 3.25 spi, which I'm happy with. Onward!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Hi Sopranospinner! thanks for the comment on my blog :-) I look forward to playing the game with you! It will be fun!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

Are you going to put the buttons you got on ebay on the gs green sweater? Is there a picture online of this sweater?

Hope Jr. Training was fun.. Gabby said you thought I'd be there but I was trained in August last summer... We've been Jrs for months and months already. Soon I will have to Cadette train...

Anyhow, I can't wait to see the greenie!
xo

8:53 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Unfortunately, Joy, I have to sew her up as well. And block first. So we're not there yet. No winner has been named!

I can't use the GS buttons on the big green sweater as they are WAY too small (smaller than they appeared online) but on a sweater of a smaller scale in the future, absolutely.

Junior training was fun, actually. And today I go do Wear-Your-Uniform-to-School at Edison (should allow some knitting!).

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf