Saturday, March 31, 2007

You must forgive me

For the awful photo.

All day yesterday and last night I was camping out with my Brownie Troop in a local backyard. We had a great time, but, of course, are exhausted and underfed (the adults, I mean). J and I even slept outside by the fire instead of in the tents!

We got 2 Try-Its and an outdoor skills patch!!

Then I came home and blocked Rogue:



The sweater is somewhat longer than it should be, but I don't really mind. I probably should have made the next smaller size, but I didn't want it to be close fitting (this time, anyway). I would definitelty knit this sweater again as I love the cabling and the instructions are great. But, of course, if it looks like a** tomorrow I may change my mind.

Self designed sweater is at the bottom border. That sweater is a bit smaller than I want, but the yarn will relax with washing, so I'm going to stop here. If it ends up still being small and I have any yarn left (I will), I will take out the bind offs and make it longer, mostly sleeves. At the moment the sleeves are too short, but my swatch gauge was different before and after washing. We'll see. It's not the longest sweater in the world, but it is as long as my ancient purple one (falling apart) which has patch pockets, which I want to add at the end. It's been great fun and unless this one also looks like a**, I will knit more based on it with some details. This is the simplest top down raglan in the world; no bells or whistles.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Go Waxman! Go Leahy!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Yes, that is yet another genious part of top down sweaters - they're (relatively) easy to lengthen or shorten. Rogue looks great. Can't wait to see pics of the self designed sweater.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Rogue looks fantastic - shall I ask for modeled shots?

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf