Monday, April 02, 2007

By God, I did it!



Pattern: My own!!
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky, 6 skeins
Color: Emerald
Started: Two weeks ago? Around March 17, 2007
Finished: April 2, 2007

Based on Barbara Walker's Classic Raglan Cardigan in "Knitting from the Top" with V-neck variation.

Wish you could see how happy I am to be wearing my perfectly fitting, just so happy making sweater, but I spared you the zit!

I was a bit worried last night, as before washing it was a little small, but the sweater relaxed exactly like the swatch did after washing and my assumptions proved true.

I would definitely do this again, but buy one more skein of yarn and take it longer. I do have some left, but will be adding patch pockets when I get a chance.

Next up, setting in Rogue's sleeves, but not tonight, alas; must work!

Have a lovely day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Joyfossil said...

Boy is that CUTE!!! I love the color and it is really adorable. Simple and usefull and sweet! Yay YOU!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Your own pattern! Wow! You did such a great job - it really looks fantastic, and even better that it's precisely what you wanted. Superb!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! I really like it, and I love the color.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

What a fabulous cardigan. The color is very pretty and it will get a lot of spring time use.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf