Thursday, July 05, 2007

Let them.

I had to post this quote from Thomas Paine. Yes, that Thomas Paine. The Founding Father? You remember them, right? The guys who thought this all up?

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I
should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by
swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid,
stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving
mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and
mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and
the slain of America."

Prophetic, sadly. Let them call me rebel and welcome.

(h/t The Rude Pundit)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Love it!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf