Wednesday, June 20, 2007

And Now for something virtually identical...

One Skein Wonder #2:












Here's my cutie pie in her new shrug!

One Skein Wonder by Stephanie Japel, Blue Sky Cotton, started June 19, 2007 at 4:45 p.m., finished June 20, 2007 at 8:30 a.m. Woo-hoo!! Modified to be 11" across the back and 8" armholes.

Did I say I could make a hundred of these? I could!

This yarn is super soft and I think I may have found a new very quick project to make out of handspun. I figure I can make these in any gauge, as long as I like the fabric. Just increase till it's as big as I want and then do the finishing. It took maybe 130 yards for the grownup one, about 100 yards for this little baby one.

The pattern calls for 150 so that's safe. Which means at Worsted, 150 yards. DK, 175. Sport, 210. Fingering, 300. Lace (eek!), 660 or so. But a lace one would be at a very open gauge, so I don't know. These are estimates only! Nice part, I have lots and lots and lots of handspun and live in a climate that would support this garment, short sleeved in the summer, long in the winter, with many variations on the theme all the way to a waist length long sleeved, shawl collared version, I think. I'm sure these estimates are more than necessary, too, just because I didn't use anything like a ball and a half of Silk Garden. DD's was even less.


Shall I continue, a la Cara, and obsess about OSW? Yep. More to come!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

I love the shrug. Now I have a goal in mind for spinning yardage... it may take me awhile on a drop spindle though.
Your daughter has beautiful eyes!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf