Saturday, June 23, 2007

Once more, with feeling!

One skein wonder #3:

Handspun singles in Berry Picking from Spunky Eclectic (a long time ago's club offering spun for this very project and then put in the stash). Domestic wool blend, I believe.

Irony alert: I'm not wearing either of them to the wedding! I'm wearing a very comfortable dress that I don't have to worry about instead of having to go out and buy a skirt or shoes or anything. But I do love these little sweaters and a new small knitting project for handspun yarns, yay!

Speaking of handspun, here's what's on the bobbin this week, to be plied tonight to see if it's nice enough for fair entry. I know, I know, there's not much there, but I only need 60 yards and I can make more later. Right now, it's all about doing a nice job on a variety of yarns by July 12.

This picture is NOT blurry. The yarn, she is blurry. Romney and Mohair together are extremely hairy. I love the color and will hope to pair this yarn with some Indigo/violet something for fair isle a la Anna Zilboorg socks.

My Mother's Day this year was very long and lovely (except for the tantrum, don't ask) and took many days to complete. I will regale you also over many days with my many gifts from DH, who I hope felt loved and cherished on his day, as well.

Hand colored photo of girl spinning and reading. Pretty difficult without a treadle, I would say. No drafting hand! Lovely photo, lovely thoughtfulness! Thanks, DH!

I will end for today with a gratuitous kid shot:

Isn't he the cutest boy ever? I know, except for yours. But this one is MINE!!

[DS: "I have a family that belongs to the family."]

We are spending the day walking and decorating luminaria for our local Relay for Life. Next year I will have to solicit donations on the blog. But Claudia is riding today, too, and I wouldn't want to mess with that. Go over and give! She has already beat her $30,000 goal but there are prizes...

Then I will be singing in a wedding so wish me luck! Have a lovely day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf