Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tour de Fleece Progress

Yes, I have managed to spin every day so far, although one day it had to be at 6:00 a.m.

Taking a break from my Bluefaced Leicester laceweight:
Decided to tackle the textured tussah silk from Spinderella next. Here are the singles. I have plied it, but haven't yet taken more pictures. It is extremely textured, but I like how the plying came out, rather tight, but shiny. I'll photograph it before and after wet finishing (and thwacking!).
Last night I got a very small start on the alpaca singles and finished them this afternoon while the kids were at the park:
These are now resting till tomorrow's plying session, starting very early in the a.m. as I have to have a rehearsal at lunchtime for my solo at church this weekend. Our lovely and highly intellectual pastor is doing a series about Elijah so I thought I'd end my solo season with "Hear ye, Israel." Rather a tour de force which requires actual practice time. With the organist.
By Thursday, I must decide what I will be able to finish by the 24th that will be good enough for the Fair and send in my forms and fees. So I think the next thing up will be...drum roll, please...Merino/Tencel in Fruit Salad. Yummy!
Peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

What lovely yarns you create!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More than inpressive progress. I'd say you're near the front of the pack!

5:36 AM  
Blogger Donna B said...

pretty, pretty! I am doing the Tour too! But spindling is much like riding a tricycle....not so fast. LOL.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

So pretty. I'm in last place on the Tour. I have spun once and only for about 15 minutes. Maybe, I'll just enjoy your pretties.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I don't think it's a race for us! Just a challenge. My challenge for myself is the same as last year, to spin every day, no matter how hard it is to carve out the time. The reason I'm making so much progress is my yarns have to be ready for the Fair on the 24th (and I have to know what I'm entering TOMORROW!!

And, Donna, you know what they say about spindling, slower by the hour, faster by the day. If I got out my spindling every time I have a few minutes, I would get a lot done. But instead I'm messing with Ravelry, too fun!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf