Thursday, September 13, 2007

Again, with feeling!

We're having a crisis, not a knitting crisis more's the pity, but an actual crisis. Health insurance may be going away because, get this...WE MAKE TOO MUCH MONEY. How that happened I will never understand. So I'm deep in the throes of trying to get paperwork together to show that although we made a bit more in the first half of 2006, we are back to the regular place now and have been for the past year and change. Please say a prayer. Having health coverage is the difference between being okay and not being okay. Poor I can handle. Poor with sick kids, not so much.

On the knitting front, I ripped the Wallaby sleeves. I was reading "Knitting in the Old Way" and it sure looks like the sleeves should be 50% of the body circumference. Body is 92 stitches. Sleeves were 32. Casting on this time at 40 for ribbing and increasing to 46 for stockinette. They did look awfully skinny. However, I am at the underarms on the body, pouch pocket done and everything, so it's not earth shattering.

Still spinning pseudo-Kauni sock singles. When I stop shaking, I will get back to it. And I'm going camping this weekend and teaching a spindling workshop. Will also bring the wheel and should have time to make some progress, I hope. Girl Scout camp with no children!!

Please, please send us good thoughts. It really should work out, but any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Everyone needs and deserves affordable and accessible healthcare.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks, Cindy! Hoping that this will be taken care of very soon and that our leaders take care of everyone soon after that!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Oh dear, insurance headaches are the worst. I'm sending good thoughts your way for both a healthy family and a clear path through the red tape jungle.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf