Friday, September 07, 2007

Finally with pictures! [UPDATED]

Well, a couple anyway.

Is anyone else out there getting the new AT&T U-verse cable stuff? Our poor (very nice) installation man was here from 10:30 a.m. to at least 5 p.m. putting it in and still couldn't figure out how to get my laptop working off the new router/modem thingie. They are sending a manger tomorrow...shall we pray together? UPDATE: New AT&T installaton manager came and fixed everything. We needed a newer wifi card for the newer encryption. I am back online!!

I am so addicted to having the laptop online (already) wherever I want it in the house, I can hardly stand not to keep fooling with it into the night. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I've already tried everything I know (which isn't all that much). Ho hum.

On a lighter note, some photos of children: DS jumping off the HIGH DIVE last weekend!!

First day of first grade (no, I didn't go out for bloody Marys but I would have...)

First day of third grade for DD. Looked at her picture from last year and it's not that different. Must be the squinting 'cause she sure looks older to me in person.

Finally put some more pix up in Ravelry this morning (got new batteries for the camera) and feel better about that. I haven't been lurking there as much. It seems like having more time means I will fill it up with stuff other than sitting in front of the computer, who knew?

DS's Wallaby sleeves are at about 9 inches and I'm on the ribbing of the 2nd (4th) Bellatrix sock. Trying oh so very hard not to cast on anything new and today I started spinning the self striping Kauni-type sock yarns. Will start blogging that project on Monday, most likely, as we have our first Junior Girl Scout meeting tomorrow and that will take it out of me.

This is very rambling and I am very tired. More later. Hope yours are having a good time at school!

Peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger loopykd said...

Awww did you miss them while they were at school?

Bella got picked up at 8:10 and the keg arrived at 8:15! Well not really but I sure didn't cry!

Good luck with the internet!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Nope. Love 'em, but it's been...8 years since I was by myself in my own house for more than two hours in a row.

And the internet is on, woo-hoo!!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

she looks so much like you!

Happy "kids off to school", mama!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Star said...

I can't believe no one has told you yet that one of your yarns one a first place ribbon at the Fair! Congrats!!! I'm sorry I didn't take pics but I thought you'd have them by now. I'm going back again - if you don't have pictures by the time I go I'll take some for you. :-)

You did great!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf