Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Things I Would Like to Know

If there are "only" two days left to order from Amazon for delivery by Christmas, why are my books going to be late?

Why do I never buy enough butter but always buy way more flour and brown sugar than anyone could possibly use (or store)?

Why can't I seem to remember what day of the week it is?

Why do I have these dreams where I've forgotten a huge project for school (or scouts or VBS) and wake in a panic EVERY NIGHT until the deadlines are past?

Why is nobody asking why there is a fire in the BUILDING WHERE THE SECRET OLC MEMOS ARE STORED BEFORE THE SENATORS CAN ASK TO SEE THEM??????!?!?!?!?!? HELLLLLOOOOO!!!

Today: Buy more butter. Work. Knit last eleven rows on hood and block Arwen (O.M.G.). Groceries, one more Xmas gift, birthday party invitations. Teacher cards. Practice Blake songs for concert. Make extra dinner for DH. Disney Princesses on Ice. Ooh, but I'll be done with the sweater so I can knit gloves (second one for DD is up first, ho hum. Where are mine?). Not so bad, actually. If I can get the sweater laid out, I can relax a bit and the kids' Christmas program Day 1 is today so maybe my subconscious will give me a break.

Hope your day is wonderful and the memos don't burn!

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

That is where the OLC memos are stored?! Geez.
Glad I'm moving to India.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Yes. I spent the whole day Monday watching C-Span (and it was NOT boring). The Senators who have read the opinions all had to go over to the Old Executive Office Building to see them and recommended that the others do the same. I certainly wouldn't put it past Darth Cheney to have them destroyed (his "ceremonial" office is the room next door to the fire). But, then again, I wouldn't put anything past him, so...

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf