Friday, May 30, 2008

Remember last weekend?

[Just realized that my post about last weekend disappeared and I didn't have time to redo it, silly!]

When all I had to do was work but had no scheduled activities? Over.

This weekend: T-ball pictures, T-ball game, birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese (yes, again), Church, Cub Scout Pack Meeting (long), horseback riding with Girl Scout troop followed by dinner. Plus work, plus regular stuff, you know.

I would say I was looking forward to Monday but I'm babysitting one kid in morning and two others in the afternoon. Sigh. Tuesday?

None of this will be excruciating and it will all be over very soon. But I'm thinking fondly of last weekend.

However, I have eschewed housework this week (no laughing!) to spend time with the spinning wheel. And I am so impressed with myself!

Oatmeal BFL 2ply Oatmeal BFL from Paradise Fibers, 2 ply for socks, the most gorgeous gray yarn ever! My daughter is unimpressed but I am in love! Going to the Fair as my natural colored offering. 3 ply of this is destined for October Frost from A Fine Fleece.

Grand opening singles 1 Grand Opening BFL from Spunky Eclectic. I was on a BFL roll and these singles are really even. Can I resist? Clearly not! This I will knit up this summer.

tulip skein 1a More Spunky Eclectic Club fiber, Tulips BFL, also 2 ply, also for the Fair. I tried to make the color bands line up and was reasonably successful. Nice even spinning.

Today, I don't know. Either more Grand Opening or more Dervish. And I'm knitting the final round of Sock Madness 2 and loving the modular triangles: Round 7 1

These will be my knitting for the weekend, easy peasy!

My birthday is Wednesday. Think Hillary will get me what I want? GObama!!

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Spinning MUST be in the air. Everyone is breathing it in, enjoying the process and creating such beautiful yarns. Nice work!!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That oatmeal BFL is just lovely. Such a great color. I want to pat it and take it home.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf