Friday, January 09, 2009

11 Days to Go!

Until our long national nightmare is over! Woo-hoo!!

I've been asked to report for Video Your Vote again on Inauguration Day so I will do my best, although it will be 9:00 in the morning here AND the first real day of work at the new job. On the bright side, my new boss (and old boss while I'm wearing another hat) just sent me a thank you note that ended, "P.S. January 20th almost here!" So I don't think he'll mind if I'm watching it on the computer while I work. My office-mate is another story, but she's a very close friend and I think all will be well.

I plan to interview the children again on the way to school. That might be the best I can do until after noon.

I also plan to have the streaming video of the Neighborhood Ball on at home in the afternoon. It will be a great day!!

In fiber news, I have been spinning the gray singles and have started the second bobbin. This was the first one at about the 1 ounce point: first ounce of singles I absolutely adore this fiber, so soft, slightly sheepy smelling. And I also enjoy spinning from the fold so it's fun so far. I have another half hour if I get off the computer before the kids come home from school.

Sunday is my daughter's 10th birthday party, amazing! I've been a mother for almost 10 years. It seems both like forever and like a moment. I have less time left with her before college than I've had already. I wish I were better at this, but I try and I think they know it. They are very loving, affectionate, bright and entertaining children, and charming one at a time. They are neither shy nor easily intimidated. I have absolutely no idea what they will want to do when they grow up. They are a great frustration at times and a great joy all the time. They certainly show up my weaknesses and childishness. But at the same time, they help me keep cynicism at bay. I am incredibly grateful to have them, these two, and none other. They are mine, mine, mine and a miraculous gift.

Happy Birthday, Pie!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf