Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Year, New Hope, New Goals

What a relief it is to know a grownup will soon be the President of the United States! And his team does NOT include torture supporters, Constitution shredders, war profiteers or idiots! Woo-hoo!

I'm not making resolutions this year, they always go by the wayside in the busyness of life with school and scouts and all. But I do have some hopes or dreams or goals that I would like to lay out in the hope that I can focus on them and not just let the time go by.

Of course, my biggest goal is to not just let the time go by!

1. Spin for a sweater, knit the sweater. This is October Frost from the gorgeous A Fine Fleece by Lisa Lloyd. I have the fiber here, 30 ounces of Oatmeal BFL top from Paradise Fibers. I will be sampling and making one of those little cards with the single, the 2-ply, the 3-ply finished yarn to keep track over the many weeks of spinning I have ahead of me. Wish me luck in not getting too crazy and taking too many breaks for COLOR. I will be trying to only do this yarn on the wheel, while spindling colorful fibers to keep from getting crazy. Hey, I spun up enough yarn for socks on a spindle well within the Ravelympics time last summer, I should be able to get my Lame Duck Mallard done as long as I keep a spindle with me or out in the house.

I am also participating in the Spinner Central quarterly spinalong on Ravelry, hoping the people there will encourage me to finish within a reasonable time. I know I probably won't get the sweater knit up until it's too warm to wear it here in SoCal, but I won't jinx the alternate plan by mentioning it here.

2. Write almost every day for GroundReport.com. I was really good about this in November, really until the Christmas rush hit (along with everyone else, I know) but as of this morning, I will be back to the grind. I made over $10 in November and December and although the money is NOT the point, it's still nice to be a paid writer somewhere! What I really like about it is having a place to put the things I think are important about the news of the day pretty close to the time that other writers are doing the same. Better go see if Obama did a video address this morning.

3. Take every day as it comes. Carve out some time. Don't worry about the stuff coming up three weeks from now. Don't worry at all (LOL). Realize as I sit here blogging at 7 in the morning on a Saturday with nothing in particular to do or place to be that that is the nice part about today. Don't fill it up with anxiety and agita. Fill the day up with fun or relaxation or fiber or reading or quiet or cuddling. There are hours in each day for all of that, but they need to be made important. There's a grownup sitting in this chair, too. And there are a lot of things I can't control, but how the time feels, I can do that.

Meanwhile, of course, there are a million things to do. Birthday party next weekend in the house for 80,000 9 year old girls. Two other family birthdays. Starting a new job and changing my routine A LOT, I hope in a good way. But today is mostly yarn sampling, unpacking, playing, practicing for tomorrow's Offertory solo, hanging around with my family, now all together, yay!

I hope you have a lovely, lovely weekend filled with whatever you love best.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf