Thursday, February 11, 2010

We may have come to an agreement.

But it still is suckish, as my newly-minted 11-year-old would say.

Looks like I'm still employed, though, which in this economy is most likely a good outcome. Resigning on principle is hard when unemployment sits over 10%.

And principle is one of my 8-year-old's spelling words this week!

I'm not alone, either. I found out yesterday that if the teachers in our district don't agree to a pay cut, the classes are going to be even bigger next year due to even more layoffs. We've had a very difficult year with a combination 2nd-3rd grade class and I wouldn't want that to get worse. But I really feel for the teachers right now!

Here's hoping that the economy picks up, people go back to getting married and having parties, there are new shows and books to work on, pilots get bought, pilot season comes back at all, Healthcare reform passes in some actually useful form. All of that would help my family directly.

But if not, until that time, we hunker down and remember we're still in better shape than we used to be. We still have each other, the dryer works (thanks, D!!), our summer vacation tickets are already purchased, we have plenty of yarn, fabulous friends and it will all work out in the end. Yes?

On the fiber front, I've been under so much stress about everything I just cannot add any pressure about the Olympics. I'll do what I can and probably manage the socks. But I was also going to spin for a sweater and I will work on that. But this week and last week really kicked my *ss on the green sweater and I would REALLY like to finish it now that I'm halfway done with the hood and all there is left after that is the button bands, NO SEWING UP! Gotta hand it to top-down design!

So my new Olympic goals are to wear this sweater and to knit socks out of handspun. Anything more than that is gravy.

May peace prevail upon the earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf