Monday, August 30, 2010

Well, I'm glad that's over (I think)

Just had it out a bit with one of my bosses. Guess we both needed to vent, which is fine. A little yelling between friends is okay, right?

At least I feel like I said my piece.

It's very hard working at a church because the expectations are that when you run out of working hours, you will just continue on. I have never worked anywhere else that thinks employees should or would do that (except maybe Walmart, but even they have to lock the doors to keep them in).

The rules are there for a reason and they are there to protect employees from being intimidated into working for free. That's why they are there.

And I do volunteer there, as well. I just have a line-in-the-sand: I will not volunteer to do my job. Help out in another area, sure. Help with an event that everyone is working together on, okay, when I can. Unfortunately as my enthusiasm for the institution wanes, so does my willingness. Ho-freaking-hum.

So here's to clearing the air and setting boundaries. Long may they reign!

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I have always felt there is a special place in God's heart for church workers. You are right to hold your ground and if having a knock down drag out fight is what it takes to get your point across, it sure beats passive aggressive all to hell. Um, yeah. Hugs from Middle Earth.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Hugs to you! I admire your convictions and ability to stand up and not be a doormat. That takes a strong person. It must be a relief to let the people (who were hopefully genuinely unaware) that put you in the situation know how you felt about what was happening.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf