Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Back to School!

And work!

All good!

We have enjoyed our summer and I, for one, am ready for some new challenges and the energy I get from the fall(ish) weather.

We visited family we haven't seen for years and years and added a new state to our list (Vermont). We spent time with our relatives. We learned a lot at swim lessons and recharged our batteries. We got more familiar with new technologies and came to realizations about what we would like to learn about in the future.

I am excited about new volunteer opportunities at Middle School (hopefully with the choir program) and the return of Family Camp at work/church. I have a new appreciation for the great things about my job: schedule, nice co-workers, supportive boss, fun and satisfying work. I am excited about the new choir season, as well, with a lovely director who respects and appreciates his staff.

I am hopeful about my son's class this year. It will be a bit of a struggle, perhaps, helping him to regain his enthusiasm about school, but given just a bit of the right kind of energy, he will manage.

It was a scary summer financially and that continues on for a bit, but the end is in sight. And we will survive once more. Even if we have to go through this again next year, as long as there is enough to be going on with, the pros outweigh the cons. I'm a bit amazed by that, but there it is. The situation has made me so unhappy, off and on, and I need to come to a peaceful resolution in my own heart, but I think I'm there and can go back to the office with a happy heart, ready for the challenges to come.

I hope to be blogging more this year and writing more about politics and current events than I managed to do last year. I should make a schedule...

Now let's enjoy the last lovely days of vacation before the work begins!

May peace prevail upon the earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf