Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And...scene!

I have resigned almost all of my position at my church (I had a combination of 3 jobs which added together gave me 35 hours and benefits) because they cut me from 25 hours a week to nine. Nine. Not worth getting dressed for, thanks. I'll freelance and worry about my healthcare at home where I don't have to deal with your sturm und drang and hand-wringing about how it was so hard but cuts needed to be made. Okay. Fine. No one will update your website. No one will have time to put on hugely successful events because they are busy pushing paper that I used to take care of but am not any more. No one will get the newsletter in their email, so you will have to go back to doing a 500 piece mailing again, which costs money, too, you know, in postage and paper and toner and man hours. Okay. Fine. I get it. You have to save the feelings of the people who give the money. I get that their feelings are more important than mine. But you are making poor business decisions which will come back and bite you. Probably not until there is a new regime and certainly long after I have moved on. So I guess that serves your purpose. I won't miss you a bit.

Have fun!

Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot even believe your church's lack of foresight. I'm sorry. We treasure our employees at my church, from the administrator to the janitor. My thoughts are with you!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

They certainly seem to be thinking short-term, since they just lost their webmaster and no one else there has a clue about that, but at least I'm out of the drama and the unpleasantness soon. I will continue singing there as I love the choir director and won't have to deal with the pastor any more.

Thanks for your support!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, I hate it... hate it all. Do dissapointed in them. But remember, 'He who sh!ts on you is not necessarily you enemy.' We shall hold your hand till the goodness comes. Couldn't love you more. J

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf