Saturday, May 13, 2006

Back to the Knitting

Well, I sincerely hope that next week will bring some Democratic courage and that someone in D.C. will make us proud for once. But I'm not holding my breath. Hayden has to go down in history as the worst possible choice for this position at this time. And maybe Fitzgerald will have another news conference on Tuesday...

Back to the knitting!

I've FINALLY (after endless pondering and wondering what to do) decided what to knit for the Handspun class at the L.A. County Fair this year. Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' Bazaar Socks from IK. I need six colors of yarn, but I can easily make them fraternal and gorgeous.

I've chosen to card some golden orange/yellow, red/violet, light blue (cool), dark blue (cool), and red/orange. I need a dark or darkish neutral and I'm thinking about some natural gray from my fair fleece from last fall. Otherwise black, but black will be too dark against the dark blue. Probably the gray. Here's a picture of the yellow singles so far.



I will LOVE these socks. They are just my style and I want to ramp up the complexity/difficulty of my project this year. I was thinking of a shawl, but I beat a shawl with a pair of baby socks two years ago. And the shawl I'm doing out of handspun is such an assortment of colors, only a color junkie could love!

Other WIP's: Meilenweit Jaquard socks, almost to the top ribbing on first sock.



Jaywalker had to be ripped (didn't read ahead to decrease enough for the foot, too big). Stalled on baby sweater but baby is coming so I have to get back to it. Finished Chutes and Ladders socks and have worn them almost all the time (washed!) since. I need more cottony short socks!


Happy spinning and knitting all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf