Sunday, April 23, 2006

Meanwhile, back at the Spinning Wheel...

Yes, I am alive. And spinning!! I've been spinning up some samples (about 1 oz. each) I bought off a vendor on Ebay as singles, about sportweight. One is mostly black with some gold, some magenta, and needed to be perked up a bit so I added some pink rainbow glitz to jazz it up. I like it! Also some purple/gold/orange roving and now on some purple/blue. It remains to be seen if I'll do the red/white, as pink just is not my thing. Maybe I'll save it for a trade at a later date...

Pilgrim has closed. We are sad about it, but hope that it will live on. Into the Light, There We Must Go! Forward to Fight our Greatest Foe! Abandon safety, abandon fear, reject despair and Carry On!

Knitting Jaywalker socks, log cabin shawl (yeah, right, gotta get on the stick on this one), Chutes and Ladders socks, baby sweater, Cul De Saq (again, no progress). I really do want enough socks for next fall to not wear commercial socks. Plus I need to finish something for the county fair and knit the FIL sweater. I did manage to make some lovely 2-ply from "Pilgrim" dyed wool which might be good enough.

More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf