Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Twisted Knitters are a Go!

DH made me purchase a celebratory gift online because of the amazing election results and so I now am the proud owner of 5 (yes, 5) colorways of Crown Mountain Farms superwash handdyed roving.

This morning I was struck with an idea. Four of these colorways have colors in common so what if I ply them together? In sequence? For socks? So I am making two bobbins of a sequence of singles (slightly different sequences so that the plies do what I want). And the first half of the first bobbin is almost done. So I give you Twisted Knitters Bobbin #1:


If you look closely you will see (left to right) Hang on Sloopy, Wild Thing, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, and Love Me Tender. The other bobbin will have the same sequence offset by enough to make the plies line up the way I want.
Ooh, I'm so excited!
Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

How amazing is that? You're my hero when it comes to spinning!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I saw your comment about switching to beta over at Keep On Knitting In The Free World. If you don't mind, which program do you use to upload your pics? That's the only problem I'm having with beta.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

So, this means the socks will sortof go from Orange to yellow etc. etc. very colorful. Can't wait to see them!

Incidentally, the formerly missing socks are now DONE! They are a thing of beauty and a joy forever...now, if my sister in law mocks them, I will know they are cursed! Imagine, lost socks, found, finished and then MOCKED???? NO, just say NO!

I am watching the Daily Show. This is the second time I have ever seen it.

xo

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh!!! that is so pretty!
it is going to kick some serious tookas when you are done!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks for all the compliments! I can hardly believe anybody really reads this.

I'm trying to decide if I can wait to ply the first skein, but I don't think so. So I will spin the other ply of this one today and see how far I get. Pix tomorrow, I hope!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf