Saturday, December 16, 2006

Considering Myself Tagged

Heide said whoever's reading, so I guess that's me!

"Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who
get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state
this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list
their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their
comments and tell them to read your blog.” (with help from DD)

1. I find song cues in everyday conversation all the time. And take them! You can find me singing in response to just about anything. Sometimes we spend a whole day speaking in recitative!

2. I love to reread books. Over and over again. I used to read "Nicholas Nickleby" every Christmas. Hey, that sounds like a good idea...The more I know, the better I like it. Luckily, I have pretty good taste! Crappy books get the 30 page test, slightly less crappy get read only once. But I never get rid of a book unless it really depresses me. I once threw a copy of "Daniel Martin" in the garbage to save myself from finishing it. It made me too sad.

3. I am totally addicted to "Celebrity Poker Showdown." I know, I know. And yet I scoff at watching professional poker tournaments. It's just the famous people, apparently. My guilty pleasure.

4. I love being a Girl Scout leader, almost more than anything I've ever done. But it gives me nightmares. I very often dream that I have forgotten to prepare some craft or other for 200 kids, over and over again. This happens right before Vacation Bible School, as well. Sheesh! I teach games, very low pressure, one would think.

5. Color makes me drunk. I don't so much care what combination or anything. Just bright and saturated. As many as possible. I could read "Color in Spinning" a hundred more times (and probably will; see #2). The only color I avoid is pink. But magenta, fuschia, red violet, all fine. Just light pink, really. Blech. Comes from being a fake redhead I guess. I once moved into an apartment that was painted flamingo pink and black. I couldn't sleep there until I painted.

6. My children call me weird all the time. And I love it! I embrace the weird! I think it's a good lesson for them in being yourself that I don't like being thought odd. Neither does their dad. Kids (especially girls) take such hit for not conforming later on, I'd like it if they were just a little bit desensitized to it.

Okay, Joy, Weaver, Star, Trek, Yarn Pirate, January One, you are it! Have fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Oh girl, there's nothing weird there! I was hoping to read that you ate with your toes or some other such oddity. You may just be too normal for me. Cheers and have a great weekend!

11:51 AM  
Blogger chipper said...

Great list! much better than mine (i did this one on the 8th http://weaverbrewerandthefam.blogspot.com/2006/12/i-got-tagged.html

9:34 PM  
Blogger Star said...

I'm guessing there is no time limit to this, right?

Your list is good!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf