Sunday, December 10, 2006

Well, that was a while!

After three posts in one day, I got overwhelmed with other things. And pretty much still am. Hence no pictures.

However, I did ply up the second skein of the Crown Mountain Farms 4 colorway yarn and it came out looking much more Trekking-like. The colors are more defined, the barberpoling goes on the same for a longer stretch, and I even have some places where the same colors landed together.

My plan now is to (as soon as I get a chance!) cast on for the second sock and knit them at the same time so that I can compare them as I go--much more entertaining than waiting for the first one to be finished.

They will certainly be fraternal. The question is will I like the random one or the more orderly one better? I think the second skein is more what I was trying to do, but we won't know till the knitting starts!

Greetings from Sleeve Island to all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Do you sell your yarn perchance? I know you've been included in the yarn museum, but do you have an Etsy account, etc.? Inquiring minds want to know.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I started an Etsy account but I've never posted anything. Usually I don't make enough of anything to want to let go of any of it, although I have thought about spinning half for myself and half to sell.

So far I have promised to spin some yarn for my friend in return for her buying me some more Crown Mountain Roving, but I haven't done hers yet, eek!

It is an honor to be asked!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf