Friday, December 15, 2006

Five Year Olds with Knitting Mommies

Today:

DS: What's that? (looking at picture of Star Wars hat on blog)

Me: A Star Wars hat. Isn't it cool?

DS: Make me one!

Me: I will, after Christmas.

DS: I have an idea. BEFORE Christmas!

Me: Well, honey, I have to finish Grandpa's sweater and Angie's new baby's hat and Meaghan's poncho, but then I will make the hat.

DS: (Scowl. Only DS can scowl quite so effectively).

Me: I know what, we can get the yarn for your hat today and bring it with us on vacation. And if I finish everything else, I'll knit it right then, okay?

DS: Let's do that!

This is how the knitting for self gets screwed up. I love knitting for others, I really do, but the half finished Rogue and Cul de Saq and mitred blankie and handspun socks, man, I want to finish that stuff! Then he went for MITTENS!!!

However, when we went shopping for the baby hat yarn (EMERGENCY- she's having a C-section on Thursday, not New Year's!!), we also purchased hat yarn which he says he is packing in HIS new suitcase to be ready. Sorry, Daddy, your Angel yarn might make it to its anniversary yet unknit!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyfossil said...

I think that is cute - I especially like that he is packing it himself!

I know you will make it for him too!

xo,
Joy

9:26 PM  
Blogger chipper said...

I just finished my first ribbed, knitted hat and I have three kids and a hubby all fighting for it! I must get some of those knitting needles that Mrs Weasley has that knit all by themselves :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I saw that hat on your blog and I'm not surprised they all want it. Heck, I want it and I live in CA!

I think the Star Wars hat will actually be fun, but it's just not up yet. I did get the whole hat part of the baby gift done last night. Today I should be able to do the icords and the embroidery and wrap it up in time to give it to her tomorrow at church. Whew!

Can you tell I'm taking a couple of "mental health days?"

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf