Saturday, April 07, 2007

No, I still haven't finished sewing up Rogue yet!

No one is bugging me about this. You've all forgotten the contest!! Of course, the guesses have all passed and my plan is to put you all in a random drawing and hope for the best. Hope it's okay with everyone!!

However, I do have some rather exciting news. My friend C and I started a knitting (any fiber arts welcome) group at church this week. Our first meeting was attended by four actual crafters and one hanger-on who says she'll let me teach her after the first of the year. Anytime, M!

Anyway, we're sitting there chatting and knitting away and A mentions that her daughter years ago won a LOOM in a contest or something and it's living in her garage. A LOOM. A FLOOR LOOM. Never been used. Big. She doesn't know anything about weaving. Doesn't want to sell it. Do you hear it coming?

WOULD I LIKE TO HAVE IT!?!?!

Well, let's see. YES!!

DH has consented, although I have told him that it is truly too big (I'm sure) to ever be set up at this house. It will be a lovely future addition to a craft room to be determined later. So Easter Sunday I will be looking for A at church to ask her to let me come see it. Yay!

In actual knitting news, after casting on 7 (yes, SEVEN) times the Horcrux Socks on a circular needle (couldn't find my #2 DPN's for a couple of days), I gave up on it for the moment. Funny thing is I think the pattern is really cute and easy. It was the technique that made me screw it up. So Horcrux is definitely still on the list! Cast on Nancy Bush's Friday Harbor socks on DPN's for DD's teacher with no problems. D**m circular needle gave me a blister.

I'm enjoying the pattern and although they look small, the ribbing is pulling in on the back and the lace will open up nicely. I'm thinking I might need sock blockers for these, though, which I have previously thought were unnecessary. But perhaps for gifting lace socks, they would certainly make them more attractive in the package. Yarn is from Amy Boogie at Spunky Eclectic, her new Super Nova sportweight superwash/nylon sock yarn dyed in Blue Moon, gorgeous!!

And here is the first hat for Franca Bartoli, my Italian Fashion Designer who requested some sample hats from my handspun yarns:

Still on the 11" blocking cardboard, but it does look nice, doesn't it? This yarn is some rather variable worsted? weight wool (blue) plied with mohair (green). Spun the yarn so long ago I don't even remember where the fiber is from.

Next up, a ribbed cap made from 2 ply Turkish Carpet top down (so it fits).

I will probably get Rogue finished this evening. That is my plan. And I also hope to finish Miss D's first sock by bedtime. Can I do it? Sock Madness says yes!!

Have a lovely weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger chipper said...

the sock looks great and so does the hat, but I'm way too jealous of your loom find! I would totally be trying to beat you to find her on Sunday if only I didn't live in WI. :) Can't wait to hear more about it!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is too stunning for words!!!
The colors make my heart flutter!!!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf