Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Disclaimer or Two

First of all, Ravelry is fantastic but it will soon eat my life!!! Too much fun!!

Second of all, I have knit many, many more projects for gifts than I have ever kept for myself. But it looks like all I do is knit for me, me, me. This is not really the case. I just don't remember them all.

On to important matters. The Girls have bridged:


They have grown so much! Mine is the second from the right.


We had a great time at SeaWorld and I think they would all agree that it was worth saving our cookie money for two years to pay for it. We camped out with the Beluga whales and then spent the day at the park. The counselors (with one notable exception) were wonderful and warm and provided numerous activities for the girls both in the evening and the morning. I highly recommend Adventure Camp!


We are unfortunately saying goodbye to a couple of girls this summer and we will really miss them both (and their moms!!). But we plan to welcome four new girls from another troop in the fall, yay! And there's always recruiting at school next year, too. We have a great troop and I look forward to more fun next year (after a rest...)!


And here's a nice tourist shot, too:
OFC: There is spinning and knitting going on but I haven't taken pictures. And tomorrow you can have Kindergarten graduation, aren't you excited? About to finish sock one of second pair of Monkeys (4 repeats only). Wish I had done the picot cuff a la Cara, but next time will be fine. Spinning Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club Nightshade into worsted weight singles. Very dark and brooding, but not soft enough for socks. I think a felted bag or bucket hat, something like that. And spinning some of Joy's Hang on Sloopy (FINALLY). Joy is amazing at NOT bugging me about this but she really deserves her yarn.
That's about it right now. You can see why I've been busy, though, right?
Have a lovely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Love the pictures of your Girl Scout troup. Is it strange for you to see them in green as opposed the the brown? Hope they all had a wonderful trip to Sea World. Thank you for the kind words about my "spinning". Maybe someday useable yarn will be produced.

6:40 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Congratulations on the bridging!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf