Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Some pictures of Rogue

Later today I will have a child pull a name from a hat for the contest. The latest guess was March 20 and I finished it on April 7.

But here it is!



And a detail of the neckline:


Love it! It is very warm and will be great for camp and winter. This year it's a bit warm for home, but I am wearing it some early mornings.

Now on to some serious spinning!

DD's teacher's socks are past the gusset shaping on the second sock. I made a big mistake on the first one, but they still fit so I'm repeating it on the second. I should have decreased back to 50 stitches, but only went down to 54. Why? Dunno. Had the wrong number in my head for some reason. Now they are only based on Nancy Bush's pattern, but that's okay. At least I know how to deal with it! I also decided to do a flat toe rather than the star toe, as I had the wrong stitch count for the row gauge. I'm proud of myself for figuring that out!

Next up knitting wise, second hat for Franca, the Italian designer out of my handspun. If I run out of this yarn, I actually have more of the roving to spin up so it's not so nervous making.

I'm finding that the design process makes me nervous, even though I know I can reuse my materials perfectly easily. What's with that? Why must there be a fear of failure if the only punishment is a do-over (and I LIKE to knit!)?

Have a lovely day!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many lovely FOs lately! Bloglines has not been reporting your posts to me, so I thought I should pop in, and WOW! You have been busy!

I love the color you used for your Rogue. It looks great!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Rogue is stunning! I get fear of failure when I'm knitting without a pattern, too. I think, for me, it's the fear of wasted time. The materials are reusable, but you never get the time back. I worry that the knitting ADD will kick in and I'll move on to something else with nothing to show for the effort I made.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Rogue looks fantastic! I have the yarn, and need to start mine soon... Looking forward to seeing your other projects.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Rogue is beeyouteefull! I love the orange color and it fits you perfectly!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful - great job!! :o)

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Rogue!

2:57 AM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

Rogue looks great!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Gorgeous Rogue! It does look very cozy and warm.

And, not sure how else to reach you, Thanks for your answer on chain plying on Weekend Whirls! I think I've been making it harder for myself with small loops.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf