Monday, October 08, 2007

Finished Objects

I have a few, two of which were finished today, my goodness!

About ten days ago, I finished DS's new hoodie sweater:


It's rather long, but so is he and gets longer all the time. It should fit for this year and next, god willing.

Pattern: Wonderful Wallaby from Cottage Creations (my third time)
Mods: 3 spi instead of 4.5. Had to redo the maths and was a bit nervous at times. The pocket and hood are a bit shallow but not enough to worry about.

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky that my mom kindly bought for me when we ordered the yarn for her Arwen, which is the next sweater in the queue.


Today I finished up DD's poncho that we have worked on together for quite a while. It's a long story, but she did let me help her with it (otherwise it would have been another year or two most likely) . It is big enough to fit her almost to adulthood without being so big that she can't wear it now, which is pretty cool. Hope the yarn lasts!



Pattern: Jen's Poncho from Sally Melville's The Knit Stitch

Yarn: Wool-Ease Thick and Quick

Needles: US 11

Mods: None, really. Did one row of single crochet around the neck to neaten it up.
And last but not least, Bellatrix 2!
Took DD to the craft store to decorate a fake pumpkin on Sunday and did the last two repeats on these (as well as finishing the poncho knitting; it took a while). Nothing like getting to the end of a project to make you not mind waiting around for paint to dry!
I will probably wear these this morning as it's cool enough early for wooly socks, but this afternoon it will be too hot and so they won't make it to the Room Rep. tea at school, ho hum. Where the bully's mom will be sucking up to, oh, everyone. But, hey, I shall just soldier on, be helpful, bring cookies. I refuse to participate in anything that brings others down, even if I think they do not have the same compunctions. In truth, we all make our own reputations and if they are sullied by the lies of others, well, what goes around comes around, but not from me.
Anyway, today is rather busy with baking and working and tea and all. Now to find an hour at the wheel... Have a lovely!
Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

What wonderful knitted finished items! I wish you strength to ignore that other mother. Some people are never taught good manners and some people are intentionally rude. Both kinds are best ignored. Hugs & Prozac!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on all the FOs. I'm especially impressed with your daughter's knitting, even if you helped!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf