Saturday, March 08, 2008

Didn't mean to offend!

And great thanks to Heide, Cindy and Rainy for commenting so that I'd know I wasn't all alone out here!

Slight progress is being made on knitting projects, but my writer has sent more work and cookie sales really eat into knitting time. One ought to be able to knit while boothing but the girls lose their focus so easily you have to stay on top of them the whole time. And the money and all.

Spinning is progressing: sunset singles ` This is almost all of the first bobbin of merino silk from Loribird.

And this is where I am on the second purple and green sock: purple and green sock 2

I received my absolutely gorgeous custom made sock blockers yesterday and finally got a good picture of the first Pomatomus sock sans toe: pomotamus 2 These will really improve the look of the socks if and when they go to the fair competition this summer. I will take a shot of them with no socks for the next post and link to the maker's etsy shop.

All the tough stuff for today is done: boothing, library, babysitting. Now just hang out, cook, work some tonight, some knitting should get done.

Don't forget to change your clocks!

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Grrr! I don't want to change my clocks. Thank you for the reminder though. We survived A3's birthday party today. Now I need to get A2 ready to attend one and go drop her off. My Dh is going to a dinner for his national guard unit... I opted out because it's very expensive to attend. Which makes no sense to me at all. They expect military folks to pay $35.00 a plate, plus babysitting, formal attire, etc. to attend these mandatory functions throughout the year. I'm thinking a potluck or bbq once during the summer should be fine. Sorry, I didn't mean to rant. Hope your weekend slows down on Sunday for you.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Aie, already time for Daylight Savings? Sheesh.

By the way, I've been a dedicated reader too - school keeps me too busy to read every day anymore, and I can't always comment 'cause my internet connection is sooooo sllloooowwww that it takes forever for the comment box to load... Rest assured, you're not just talking to yourself!

The Pomatomus looks great - I think I'm the only person left in the world yet to knit that pattern! And of course you're doing an awesome job with that roving - I love it!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Geez... the colors in all your work in this post are gorgeous! I'd have a hard time picking something to work on with such good choices!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf