Monday, March 03, 2008

Time is Fleeting!

Madness takes its toll...

I should save this title for when Sock Madness II begins, but this is how I'm feeling right now. Still waiting for a quiet "normal" week to come but it ain't coming. Last week we even added Girl Scout Cookie boothing and T-ball. This week (I think) we're adding back piano/guitar lessons/babysitting. But right at this moment I have a few minutes to blog, yay!

I have a bad case of startitis, which doesn't really help the flusteredness, but does get me a couple of new projects. First up, mindless socks for boothing (as if I knit at boothing, but you never know): purple sock toe

This is some almost worsted weight 2 ply spun from Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino that I sort of ruined in the wash. I made the mistake of adding vinegar to the rinse water when it bled profusely. I should have waited till there was less dye in the water, as the purple went everywhere. I still like the colors, but it's not what it was. Here's a closeup of the yarn: purple yarn closeup Is that some p*rn or what?

No particular progress on sweater yarns or Must Have Cardigan as I have been crazy working for my writer, which is mostly good, but I am rather burned out on typing and all the busyness, plus the kids get out of school early all week. Love them dearly but 3:00 is way better than 1:13, if you know what I mean (and I know you do).

Last night I pulled out an old project, some handspun socks with an assortment of purple and green yarns, frogged the fair-isle portion (which was not working out due to lack of contrast/interest) and knit an inch or so: purple and green sock 1 More mindless knitting, yay! We watched the last two hours of "Sarah Connor Chronicles" last night and the show is really good, IMHO. We are hoping they make more now that the strike is over, but know that if they do it won't be till next season, oh, well. Something to look forward to!

Today: Finish last ten minutes of transcribing, Lenten prayer group, kids home early, homework, dinner, KNITTING! If I have any time this afternoon, I will even spin up some Leaf Peep. I don't have much time this week, but I shall try to claim it anyway.

Oh, and BTW...

YES WE CAN!!!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf