Monday, February 04, 2008

Imogen done and a silly project

Although I need (and will) to make a hat for Heide this week, I joined a knitalong making scarves to wear on Inauguration Day 2009, too much fun!

So far:

Kathryn Alexander's Color on Color scarf from Scarf Style, block 1.

And here's a modeled shot of Imogen, done, washed and blocked!



Please pay no attention to the middle-aged woman with the double chin. I've never seen her before in my life!

Love the sweater, though! Special thanks to Mom for the yarn and Adrienne for help with the pattern!

And, yes, I think I've decided where my vote is going tomorrow. Have you?

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Imogen is beautiful!

Rant ahead:
In Washington State the parties choose candidates based on the caucuses rather than on the votes cast by the public. In 1988 Presidential Primaries were inacted as a law as a way to empower all voters, not just those able to attend the caususes. However, it's still the caucus attendies who make the decisions and there is no guarantee that the voters' choices will be fairly representated by the attendees. This makes no sense to me. All registered voters in the state received mail-in ballots. All will vote (or not) and pay send the ballots back so they can be tallied. This seems like a complete waste of taxpayers' money to take the time to print, mail and count these as there is no guarantee that the voters' voices will be respected. It reeks of fraud waste and abuse of tax-payer money IMO. Sorry, I'm just a little peeved about the entire sham primary here. I hope California runs their elections differently.

12:51 PM  
Blogger jessie said...

Great sweater, and as for the double chin, that is simply a trick of your camera lens. You appear to have the same lens I do.

VT's primary didn't happen yesterday but I know who I'm voting for.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf