Friday, March 07, 2008

Since no one is reading this, anyway... (edited)

ed.: Upon reading Shelly Kang's blog this morning, I think perhaps this schedule stuff counts as "whining." It really isn't, it's just I'm making my to-do lists online. Perhaps that's why no one is reading. When I'm whining, you will know! At any rate, there is knitting going on so I shall add it now. I am frogging the purple sock. I was desperate for a stockinette sock but then resurrected some other ones from last year. sock and dog As you can see, I have since finished the first sock and done about an inch more than the toe on the second. And our puppy. I have almost 400 yards of the Love Me Tender yarn, it's a shame to use half of it for socks that are too thick for SoCal.

I'm gearing up for Sock Madness and did some dyeing this week, blue and yellow, or as DH put it "extremely blue and yellow." sock and dog madness That's me, extreme color. And the puppy. I don't even think they are extreme. I'll be knitting furiously on the women's retreat to make it to at least round 2 again.

Maybe I should go back to more politics, but it's so up in the air right now it makes me nervous. Ed.


I shall continue the boring lists of things I have to do. It clears my mind, honestly. And if the mind is not cleared every so often, I have bad dreams about complicated school projects for which I am completely unprepared. These projects do not exist except when I am asleep.

Today: DD will go go school (stayed home yesterday, but that was actually BETTER; shiver in your boots!). Target for T-ball bat, bag?, new Pikachu (sadly misplaced), milk, peanut butter. Grocery store for veggies or fruit or something to bring to...are you ready...evening Girl Scout meeting. Make DD practice piano as she is starting lessons again on Tuesday. DS to playdate, thank goodness! Work for at least an hour before they get home at 1:13. Aforesaid Girl Scout meeting. Work another hour and a half. Fall over.

Tomorrow's not as bad, although it does involve T-ball, babysitting, cookie boothing and a trip to the library to choose books for kid projects (2 at the same time, oh joy). And work.

Luckily, I am no longer in a crappy mood so this doesn't bother me as much. And I haven't had the bad dreams from the beginning of this post since I woke up the other day at 5:30 and made lists.

Sock Madness is looming, yay! And a women's retreat with church during which I will be knitting said socks. And I don't have to do the boothing any more after tomorrow. Now if only I could decide what sweater to knit with the fair yarns!

Peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

I'm reading it and trying to comment but your commenter is being wonky about letting me. ;-)

Try #3....

8:23 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Trying to comment back and see if I have any trouble. Sorry Rainy!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Whaddyamean "no one" is reading? We are. You just can't see us.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I am so relieved! It's been so long since anyone commented, I was beginning to hear crickets. Thanks!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I check your blog everyday, it's just that sometimes I don't leave comments because my brain cells aren't functioning and I have little, if anything, to contribute. I absolutely love the blue and yellow yarn. There is nothing as luxurious in the world as knitting with handspun. Good luck with this weekend, it sounds like you'll have a full plate.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf