Friday, July 18, 2008

Speaking of blogging...

I haven't done any for a bit, have I?

Spinning, knitting, swimming, all continue on apace. Vacation, wedding mini-vac, competition results, girl scout camp all looming on the horizon.

It's weird but I feel like the summer is almost over. Whereas it's a little over half. But since we finish swim lessons and leave town in a week and a half and when we come back it's two days till school starts, it really is close. Luckily, the last bit is the most relaxing. My friend C was saying yesterday she needs a vacation from her vacation, but I will get one when the kids go to school.

Anyway.

I finished the Rivendell socks and they are lovely!
Rivendell final outside
Handspun, I think South African Fine but as I have admitted everywhere, I cannot for the life of me remember really what this is or where I got it. But I finished the yarn and knit it right up.

Rivendell by Janel Laidman from The Eclectic Sole, knit on 2.25mm (feet) and 2.5mm (legs) needles. These are the second pair for Summer of Socks and I may actually manage a pair every two weeks. I'm more likely to run out of handspun than not knit the socks, but you'll see that I'm trying to remedy that as well.

Next socks up are Spring Forward from the Summer 2008 Knitty. These appear to be the "new Monkeys" and who am I to buck a trend?
yarns for Spring Forward
Red is for heels and toes, crazy stuff for the rest. I dyed this fiber in a test to see what the most saturated colors of my food coloring would be.

On vacation, I plan to take the Goblin Eyes singles yarn for Bellatrix (again):
goblin eyes closeup
Loribird's beautiful purple yarn, whatever I start on Sunday and this weekend's yarn, Wensleydale from Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club in Perfect Storm:
perfect storm 2
A big photo because I love closeups of singles, why I have no idea. Still with the bad pictures but the new camera should arrive by Monday.

I'm planning to do some superwash something after that one so I have one more set of sock yarns for vacation. This 10 Minutes a Day thing has been working out beautifully, since I get a lot more than 10 minutes in if I just sit down and do it for a while. I even managed to clean the bathroom, wash the kitchen floor and mostly catch up with the laundry this week.

Hope you're having a lovely summer so far! Knit on!

Peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

I literally went out a did a search for the book containing Rivendell... those socks are so incredibly gorgeous that if I don't make some I'll explode! Your spinning is fabulous, as always. Should we call you Arachne?

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rivendell is lovely! I am wishing I could do it but those Spring Forwards top down are stretching my ability right now... I can't even imagine finishing one, much less two.

Anyhow, so lovely.
xo,
J

1:46 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

The socks are so lovely it almost makes me nostalgic for winter. Almost, but not quite. Mom

2:21 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks for the compliments! I wish the yarn for the Rivendells were nice enough to go to competition at the fair, but the wrap yarn at the top is very underspun. They are prettier than the ones I'm entering, but not as good technically.

I might be induced to knit them again...

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to quote the Teletubbies...

AGAIN, again again again.

Do it again. They are so pretty! and, of course, it didn't take YOU that long, super sock woman that you are. Do you think you could do it again before the fair? You have 4 weeks, I bet you could.

Go cast on another pair in excellent handspun.

xo,
J.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf