Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Waiting Game

[foot tapping annoyingly]

At our humble abode, we are waiting for 3 rather important (to us) pieces of news:

1. Will creepy ex-friend "movie producer" pay us the money he owes us? Ever? This week? Shall I link (decision to be made after asking DH) to creepy ex-friend "movie producer?"

2. Will our screenplay make the Finals??????

3. What will my results be at the L.A. County Fair????

I will elaborate on creepy ex-friend "movie producer" some other time but suffice it to say these descriptions are an understatement and made with a very contemptuous face.

Screenplay Contest results will come out on Monday. This is making my hands shake as I type. Prayers (if you do that), good thoughts (if not) would be welcome!

My Ravelry bud Diane will be attending the Fair on Saturday the 6th (unless it rains) and will let me know. I'm not going till the 13th and they don't post the results online any more, ho hum. To recap my entries:

Oatmeal BFL 2ply I think this is truly the nicest yarn I've ever made and undyed fiber is supposed to do better with the judges. We shall see...

tulip skein 1 More wool sock yarn. Yes, I'm competing with myself. But I didn't do a big push to make yarns just for the Fair this year and these were the best I had to go with. I was in the middle of Sock Madness and such.

Speaking of Sock Madness, however, these are my last entry: SM2 round 6 done I was planning originally to finish Pomatomus but ended up using the handspun socks from Sock Madness that came out the best. Pomatomus is seriously under way, however, and will be used for the Sock Contest on the 13th. I will post a finished picture when they really are done.

So as you can see, bated breath is what we've got.

Please wish us luck!

Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Pomatomus... they are soooo beautiful!

You will win a 1st place ribbon... you are good at what you do! Too bad we aren't going to the spinning contest - that was exciting! (I was so proud of you!) But, the sock contest should be fun (I'm totally worried they will take one look at my socks and laugh...)

Can't wait for the next installment of M the Nasty Ex Friend and Movie Person... ugh.

Movie results on Monday, right? Waiting with breath that is bated.

love,
the anonymous Auntie (I like that title... hee hee!)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and PS... When was the last time it rained in Southern California this time of year. Your friend will go to the fair for you. Don't worry 'bout that!

Ha ha... rain. What's rain? All of OUR rain seems to fall in places like New Orleans, poor souls.

Rain. heh heh heh.

--- anonymous Auntie

2:06 PM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

I'm definitely wishing you luck.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf