Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Crock

Having trouble with Lenten forgiveness today--I broke down last night at Ash Wednesday about my inability think of people as Christians who behave in a Christianist way. I loathe Christianists.

Why does Man have to get his dirty little fingers into everything of God's?

In fiber content (and thank goodness for knitting as therapy), I finished my green sweater: green basic chic
Cascade 220, 6 skeins, almost all used up, maybe 30 yards left. Size 38ish. Size 6 and 7 needles.

Loved knitting this, although the body did get a bit dull. Went quickly when I focused on it. Would make this again in a heartbeat. Hoping I can use it, brightness regardless, as a throw-on-anytime sweatshirt sort of garment.

Also finished the first sock for the Ravelympics: RPM sock 1 and did the ribbing and one repeat of sock 2 so far. Have decided not to drive myself up to the mountains tomorrow so should have plenty of car knitting time this weekend, yay!

May peace prevail upon the earth (and in my heart).

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I love your sweater! I love your sock! I completely agree on the Christianist remarks. May you find some peace in your heart this Lenten season.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sweater is exquisite... I am that color with envy~ the sock is nice too!

Hope the retreat is good... and don't worry, it's gonna all work out.
xo, J.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Retreat was fine, not awesome, but very snowy!

Peace is, as always, what I seek in everything. I am going to be leading an Intercessory Prayer Group during Lent, my very first time at something like this so wish me...what? luck? peace? Eloquence is what I would like! And a couple of people to show up!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I've never heard of a Christianist before, so I'm clueless on that account, but the sock is beautiful. Peace to you and your family too!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

This is a great sweater! Nice work :)

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf