Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Things are looking up (a bit)

Looks good for Fiber Club after all, yay! DH got some unexpected work and I'm trying to minimize expenses this week as well.

Don't have any progress to show on the socks. I took most of the day off yesterday because my left hand hurt SO MUCH after the marathon on Sunday night. But I did do some spinning and should be able to finish the 2 oz. of Fiber Club wool today sometime. I'm saving the other two ounces for maybe plying with something else or future use. The only roving I've spun all of is the June (blue) as I wanted enough yarn for a One Skein Wonder later. I am past the halfway point on the first wide band of the foot, though, so maybe I'll get to the heel tomorrow sometime.

Have a lovely day and keep cool!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Holy cow, I can't believe you were generous enough to let Brownies and Daisies use your lovely handspun for their projects! Many adults don't even appreciate all of the work involved in creating homemade items. I'm glad to hear about the good news on your husband's job front. I hope your daughter enjoys her Day Camp next week!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Hope all is going well for you at your camp! Yeah, it was touch and go there for a bit, but I think I'll go ahead and let Amie do her thing. I was hoping that nice yarn would make the kids interested, but they just didn't want to do it long enough for it to start to look like something, oh, well. Better luck next year! My co-leader and I ALWAYS run crafts at family camp (they give us a scholarship, too).

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf