Saturday, July 01, 2006

A quickie or else I won't spin for the Tour today!

Star wanted to see my blue ribbon socks from last year so here they are in a photo along with the baby socks that got second place the year before.



The colors are not quite as bright as represented here, but almost. I was surprised they gave me first place as the toes on the two socks were not knit the same way, but there weren't very many entries.

I also won second place for a skein of wool 2-ply and the Novice Class Handspinning Contest. This year I have to compete as an intermediate. I practiced A LOT for this and will do so again, although there's no telling what they will ask us to do. The 2004 winner gave me the scoop last year, pictures of her yarn and everything, and none of the challenges were the same. But I will ALWAYS spin soysilk from the fold (thanks, Mindy, Intermediate Winner!).

Trying to get my 30 minutes in today around swimming and work and haircuts and such.

Have a lovely day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Star said...

Thanks SO much for posting this. I said it before but you are my new local hero!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Yeah, but I fell asleep last night. Can I spin on one of the off Mondays? And I've realized that the socks have to be finished and in the mail in less than two weeks (I think). No time for surfing!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf