Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Well, I know someone will buy it!

But DH says I should spend it on a new headlight for the car, darn it! I know, I know, I should. But I was hoping for the plying head for my wheel.

Here are the socks as of today:



Too many colors? Too cool? Too something? I don't know any more. My color harmony is every other tertiary color all the way around the wheel, plus gray, as far as I can tell. And I will love them!! Next band is red-violet on light blue. Then I think orange on green, maybe. I don't know!! It would be easier to follow the colors on one of the (SIX) different colorways in the pattern, but who wants easy?

New kitten is now officially named: Petriemuffinbunny. It must be all one word, it's so silly.





She's very sweet, still rather jumpy, but kids laugh and laugh at her antics, so much fun! Thanks, Cinnamon, for raising such a lovely kitten. She doesn't even back down when the big cat growls, she holds her ground.

And just so someone knows that I'm doing it, my first photo of Socks on Vacation for Zarzuela's contest, Socks at Vacation Bible School Fiesta!



These socks should make it to lots of swimming lessons this summer, as they are my mindless knitting for the moment. Rogue is waiting for the trip back east and the fair socks are too chart heavy for water sports. I should have socks with me everywhere, though, as usual. It is only cameras that are sometimes not with me!

Happy spinning and knitting all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Your socks are beautiful. I love them. I'm still at the patterning sock yarn phase. I will probably be here for years to come. I admire you for multi-colored knitting on socks. I'm in awe. And the kitten is too sweet.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

These are only my third pair of multicolor at all. I really like self patterning yarn! But I got the blue ribbon last year so I have to be more ambitious. Next band, orang on what? Green? Probably.

Thanks for coming by!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf