Saturday, June 24, 2006

I'm selling this off and hoping for something else

I love drum carding!! I love it!! Blending fibers and colors as much or as little as I want, making huge, lofty batts of colorful goodness!! Combing, not so much.

So I'm selling off my Indigo Hound Round II It blending hackle on ebay. It's a really cool tool, very compact form of an 18 inch long hackle. But I'm just not into it. When I asked for it, I was SURE I would never get a drum carder. Then I did (thanks, tax refund!). And now I think I would rather have...the plying head for my Lendrum folding wheel. Or the quill. Anyway, here's a picture.



Hopefully, this will lead to a healthy PayPal balance!







Otherwise, not much to report. Knitting on socks for no reason while I put off spinning the red-violet yarn. I was SO tired from VBS this week, I just couldn't do ANYTHING. But it was a great success!!



This is a picture of the giant pile of blankets that our kids tied together with prayers for disadvantaged children in Central and South America. Go kids! Viva!

They had a great time and I did, too. I teach games and they were all very successful this year, although I eschewed playing water balloons two different days as making 100 water balloons on Tuesday was plenty for DH and myself.



I spent most of the day today taking a spinning class at the Weaver's Cottage. It was fun, but not too much new material. I made a lovely batt of wool and angora. I also helped a couple of people learn how to spin from the fold. I did, however, spend all of my VISA gift card (thanks, Dad) and will be watching a video about spinning novelty yarns and exotic fibers over and over again very soon.

I also fell of the wagon of not buying any more fiber for a while. I bought 4 oz of undyed mohair locks. I have 2 oz of dyed, but I have never used them (too chicken). Today the other people in the class were just throwing them into batts and the batts were so neat! I wanna do that! So I will use up my dyed and dye some more. I also bought some washed and picked Blue Faced Liecester (my absolute FAVORITE breed of sheep) because...it was there. I think I will also dye this in the locks as I have been lusting after some I saw on the internet and just grab balls of fluff and spin away. Who knows what will happen? If they had had any Finn, I would have spent too much money. A nice day for mommy, though!

Next week, DS graduates from preschool. I secretly wish they would try out full day kindergarten here, but not yet. We will be hanging around not doing too much next week in anticipation of starting swimming lessons the week after. And here comes the 4th of July !! I love fireworks, too!!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

I need to finally break down and buy a set of handcards and possibly something for blending. It did not occur to me to look on Ebay. But now I will! I also broke down on my no new roving moratorium and joined Spunky Eclectic's Roving of the Month club. Bad. Bad. Bad.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I was lucky, I met someone who was trading up and gave me her Ashford student handcards. I don't use them much, but they make lovely rolags of my Zephyr lapps I got a while ago, when I get to them.

The Roving of the Month is fun. Come over to my Spectrum Spinalong and let us know what you end up with!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf