Monday, August 21, 2006

Screenplays, ipods and film fests, oh my!

First of all:


I am a
Snapdragon


What Flower
Are You?




I don't usually agree with my quiz results, but this one I like.

Second, there is some exciting and creative thinking going on with me and mine. DH and I are writing a screenplay, which is turning out really well, if I may say so myself. I'm also percolating ideas for little series' of video vignettes to be downloaded to an ipod or computer. Fun stuff and very silly!

Third, DH and business partner M's production company has submitted a short film to a lot of film festivals and it has been accepted to festivals in Rome, Los Angeles, Florida, Washington, D.C. and New York! And in Rome (drum roll, please) IT WON!!! Best Costumes, Best Leading Actor and BEST SHORT FILM!!!! We are all pretty excited about that. Wish I could post the trailer from here, but I will when I get home.

In other news, nothing really tremendous, I guess. Lots of relaxing. Fibonacci socks may be finished today (but not the weaving in of ends; that is a whole 'nother day). Did some Rogue. Planning FIL sweater. Reheeled DM's sock. 2 fairs down, one to go.

We are going to a taping of "The Daily Show" tomorrow, woo-hoo! I will report back on how fun it is (sure to be loads).

UPDATE: Even though I'm sure no one has read this entry yet (if anyone will at all!). I bought the Fall VK because of the reported sock patterns. What drek! What are they thinking? As I paged through in the den with my cousin watching a movie, I kept saying over and over, "Hideous!!" Not even the cover sweater by Michael Kors was interesting enough to spend tens of hours and thousands of (cashmere) dollars on, Jennifer Aniston notwithstanding!

The socks are cool, admittedly. But they are ALL done only in one size! And they're too small! Now, I can make a sock fit, don't get me wrong, but can everyone? Can the common reader of VK, who is not used to sock patterns after all, cope with an 8 inch long, 7 inch circumference pattern for her size 8 1/2 feet? No, no, no, I think not! I am SO glad that I do not subscribe to VK. They should be sorry I feel that way!

Rant over. Have a lovely day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Brewer said...

I took the quiz as honestly as I could (sometimes there was just no "me" answer) and I am a daisy, which really made me smile cause that is my favorite flower. How about that! Thanks for the fun

1:44 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks for stopping by!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

I'm a Snapdragon (or a Petunia depending on my answers). Congrats on the film!! Can't wait to see the trailer.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Trailer will be up next week! And our first film festival is the week after (L.A.), very exciting!

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf