Tuesday, August 01, 2006

More Progress!

Inman and I have spoken and as soon as I get back from my trip, we will begin planning activities or joining in events that are already happening in our area. Or both! We are very excited about working together and I will be getting a copy of 50 Simple Things You Can Do to Fight the Right as it sounds like quite the primer for people like me! Inman, of course, has vast experience in this field and will be our wonderful catalyst!

In other progress, the blankie lives on:



I cannot seem to get a decent picture (although all of the crap in my carpet comes out just fine, I see). Either I get the oranges or the blues, never both. It is two squares away from the full width that I originally planned. I will probably leave it there for a while and see what I think. But since it is NOT going on vacation with me (too many bags of little balls of yarn so I can decide one at at a time what to use) its progress will soon come to a screeching halt.

I have been spinning silly yarns for it, however. Spinning 20 yards or so of this, then that, then this, then that. They look terrible on the niddy noddy, totally unrelated, but I'm using them one at a time, just putting them on the same bobbin. I'm on the third bobbin of those:



The yarn you can see is two years ago's easter egg dyed roving. It makes a wild yarn (I have some 2-ply) but I don't know what to do with it. In it goes! I suppose if I did enough of these to last the trip, I could take it with me, but I shouldn't even think it, really, I shouldn't!!

Joy and I sat down to teach her spinning this afternoon and she was a trouper! You know how it is the first time, lumpy, slubby stuff only a mother could love. She may not take to it as she looks forward to the knitting, but it may grab her when she has more skill. Keep at it, Joy, it is REALLY fun! Think of it this way, you can have control over EVERY aspect of a knitting project. Fiber, color, weight, plies, pattern, gauge, everything. All you need is practice! I had lots of fun teaching her and she is a natural.

Our weather has gone pleasant, finally, hope it does out east before we get there! I also hope that it's nice wherever you are! Have a lovely!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelly Kang said...

Looking good! I love it that you're spinning your own bits to go into it.
[IamnotaspinnerIamnotaspinnerIamnotaspinnerIamnotaspinner]

11:07 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I like all of the easter egg dyes and mixed colors on your spindle, they look like a rainbow. The blanket's progress is coming along nicely.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Jesus would have loved Republicans too... afterall, he befriended sinners of all kinds. Doh! Bad joke. Don't hate me, I need coffee.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Yeah, well he would have loved the sinner but hated the sin. It's so hard for me to watch them make every decision for themselves and their friends and none for the benefit of the poor or downtrodden, the children, the sick. I don't know how they sleep at night!

It seems to be all about the "believing" and not at all about the actual philosophy and actions. Pathetic!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf