Thursday, July 27, 2006

Okay, is Angela a witch or something?

For the second week in a row, Angela has miraculously not been cut. This week it was Katherine and she, like Malan, was not deserving of their dismissal! Angela has now proven that she is neither a team player nor a talented designer. All I can put it down to now is witchcraft.

For those of you wondering how ugly/wildly beautiful my evil mitred blankie is now:



I say ugly and wildly beautiful because it really does depend on your point of view. I LOVE IT! But it is every color in the rainbow (and some) and it isn't going to get any quieter as it goes along. I pulled out a bunch more commercial leftover yarns yesterday for the next levels and will soon have to start spinning sample skeins just to keep up.





And I have finally finished my Project Spectrum singles and they are ready for plying (think of me at 9:00 PDT tonight, I will be doing what needs to be done). I think this will make some really lovely sock yarn and might even spin the rest of it the same way.

My August Spunky Eclectic fiber club fiber has arrived and is really nice. I'll be spindling it on vacation. I hear I shouldn't Andean ply or ply from a center pull ball, so I will use once again my shoebox lazy kate I made at my mom's over Christmas to ply some cops, I hope.

Hope you're having a lovely day and staying cool!

7 Comments:

Blogger Brewer said...

I just got my silk yesterday. I love what Amy did with her's. Maybe I'll be a copy-cat and try a bit of that. ok so in real life, I'll just leave it in the bag and touch once in a while cause it looks too beautiful the way it is to mess with it :) Someday this winter, when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground, I will be bored enough and brave enough to spin it into something :)

Good Luck with yours!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I tend to save the nice stuff for when I'm "better" at it, but I'm going to go for it here. Why not? And my personal belief is that everything is beautiful in silk! So I don't think I can screw it up too badly. Do you have a singles/2 play opinion? I'm thinking about posting a poll...

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! Dan at Spin | Knit recently spun silk navajo-plied: http://sattler-reimer.com/blog/?p=117. Very subtle. But I agree, there isn't a whole lot of silk spinning going on, particularly with dyed fibers.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks for the link to the navajo plied silk, it's really pretty! I haven't tried navajo plying on a spindle yet, only on my wheel, but I do enjoy it. And it will take longer to spin the singles (good for stuff in luggage for 20 day vacation). Hmm...

9:43 AM  
Blogger Star said...

Angela must be the wendy pepper of this season. No one likes her but she stays for drama. The other dress was pretty simple but I liked it much better than that mess angela made! So unfair!

What's going on next week when they kick someone out?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Looks cool! The colours are fantastic. I can't imagine knitting a blanket on such small needles and such small yarn.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

The only thing I know about next week is that Angela will make it another week without getting kicked off. I don't think she's the cheater. Who do you think did something BAAD?!?

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf